2018 UPDATE: See my latest post about virtual co-working (I’m now using Focusmate exclusively.)
Here’s the 2015 post…
Do you have a project that you struggle with, or procrastinate on?
I am facilitating virtual co-working sessions (free) — where we each work on our own important projects, in the company of each other’s supportive energy.
It is really helping participants to get good (stuff) done!
How it works:
1. Bring a project you have been procrastinating on or struggling with. Be on time (or early) if you want an orientation. Otherwise quietly come into the room :)
2. At the beginning of the call, you are invited to type into the chat box what progress/project you intend to celebrate by end of call, and what spirit/attitude/intention you would like to bring into your work.
3. We will turn off our Email, Facebook, and other distractions, except we will stay on the call.
4. We will then work for a focused 25 minutes while staying connected.
5. Then we check-in for a mid-call break, to stretch, get water, etc.
6. We then work another focused 25 minutes.
Even though combined work time per hour is about 50 minutes, you might find you get more done in our sessions than you would in 2 hours by yourself!
7. At the end, we conclude with a brief celebration of progress! This feels empowering. The session can then continue for another hour if people want to stay.
Show up at the beginning of the session if you want an orientation. Otherwise you are still welcome, but sneak in quietly as we’ll be working :)
To find the times of upcoming sessions, go here:
George Kao is a marketing & productivity mentor for Coaches, Consultants, and Counselors, and focuses on authentic marketing & joyful productivity. George has been coaching and mentoring, full time, for 7 years. In the past 2 years alone he has given over 1,000 one-to-one coaching sessions to his paying clients. He loves giving away his training and content for free. If you’d like to receive a monthly email with George’s best content & tools, subscribe here.
This blog post is Creative Commons (CC BY). Feel free to share it forward!